When the weather is warm and you want to enjoy your garden in the evenings then you will need to invest in some solar lights.
It is more energy efficient than getting an outdoor light that is wired to your electrics, and you can place them throughout the garden to provide light in the places where you need it the most.
One of the most popular types of solar light available at the moment is a solar powered Tiki Torch.
These torches look like they have real flickering flames inside them, but they are actually powered by solar LED lights. They are a safe alternative to having real fire in your garden.
With these torches, you can create a beach party atmosphere and enjoy the cozy appearance of a fire without the risk.
If you are interested in buying solar powered Tiki torches for your garden then you are in the right place.
We have put together a list of the 10 best solar tiki torches with reviews so that you can decide which ones would work best for you. Keep reading to find your ideal solar powered tiki torches.
Here are the tiki torches that we would recommend based on their performance and reliability:
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
These outdoor solar lights come in either a pack of two or a pack of four.
The lantern at the top of the pole is 8 inches long, and the pole can be adjusted to a height that suits you.
You can adjust the height of the torches from 29 inches up to 60 inches, including the lantern section at the top.
Once charged, the light will stay on for 6 to 8 hours. This gives you plenty of time to enjoy the garden at night..
These lights are designed to be durable even when left outside in the rain, as they have an excellent waterproof rating. They can also handle some snow and frost.
A lot of the torch is constructed from anti-corrosive materials. The metal construction is stainless steel which is resistant to rust, long lasting and is heavy enough to make the light sturdy in the ground.
The light sensor is sensitive which means that you don’t have to wait for your garden to be completely dark before the lights turn on - they will begin to light up when it reaches dusk.
These lights are guaranteed to last for at least 5 years. They are easy to install and give off a wonderful, flickering glow.
- Adjustable - The height of these torches is adjustable
- Time - The torches will stay on for 6 to 8 hours
- Durable - They are made from strong, rust resistant material
- Weather resistant - The torches are waterproof and can handle frost and snow
- Long lasting - the lights will last for at least 5 years
- Quantity - There are only options for 2 or 4 lights, which means you might need several packs
These lights come in a pack of four and are available in either a black or bronze design.
The flame effect is very realistic, with the lights dancing and wavering to look like real fire.
The lights are really easy to assemble and have an adjustable height so you can create whatever look you are going for in your outdoor space.
There are no wires to fiddle with - simply screw them together and put them in the ground.
These lights are weatherproof so you can leave them outside for long periods of time.
They have a great waterproof rating, are resistant to frost and are made from strong materials. It takes about 8 hours to charge the battery fully.
In warm weather, the battery charge will last for up to 10 hours, giving you lots of time to have a nighttime party in your garden. In the winter or colder months a full battery charge will last for up to 5 hours.
These torches have an automatic light sensor. The lights will come on at dusk and will switch off again at dawn.
This saves power and is much more convenient for you as you don’t need to turn them on and off manually.
- Color- There are two designs to choose from
- Realistic - The flames look very convincing
- Installation - the torches are really easy to assemble and install
- Adjustable - The height is adjustable so you can customize the torches
- Weatherproof - The torches are waterproof and frost resistant
- Power- The lights can stay on for up to 10 hours after a full charge
- Sensor - the automatic light sensor turns the torches on and off
- Controls - There is no option to manually override the automatic light sensor, so you have to wait for the lights to come on and off by themselves
These solar tiki torches come in a pack of 14 which is ideal if you have a large garden that you need to light up.
They give off a soft yet bright glow which flickers like a real fire and they come on automatically when it gets dark.
One of the best features of these lights is the high quality solar panels which are up to 20% more efficient than most products on the market.
They convert light into energy much faster, so the battery will be recharged quicker.
Once charged, the lights will stay on for 4 to 8 hours depending on the climate. These lights are waterproof so you don’t need to worry about leaving them out in the rain.
- Quantity - You get 14 torches with this product
- Flames - The flames are realistic
- Solar panels - The solar panels on these torches are of a superior quality
- Weather - These torches are waterproof so can be left in the rain
- Longevity - customers have found that these torches do not last as long as some other products.
This pack of eight tiki solar torches comes in a stylish silver gray color which would look great in any garden.
The flames look brilliant and will create a wonderful atmosphere in your garden.
They are really simple to install with no wiring to mess around with, so you will have them up and running in no time.
These torches are waterproof which means they are resistant to even heavy rain.
The lights will turn on and off automatically using a light sensor, and when fully charged can provide 6 to 8 hours of light. Depending on the weather conditions, it can take around 8 hours to charge the battery.
- Quantity - There are 8 torches in a pack
- Flames - The flames look very good
- Installation - These torches are very easy to assemble and install
- Weather - These torches are waterproof so you can leave them out in the rain
- Sensor - The torches automatically turn on and off with a light sensor
- Power - You can get up to 8 hour of light from one charge
- Replacement - Some customers found that one of the torches in the box was faulty, but the manufacturers were able to send a replacement
These handmade lights come in a lighter color than a lot of the others, which is ideal if you prefer to use pale colors or natural textures in your garden.
They come in a pack of four and have a traditional lantern style with some bamboo weaved detailing. There are no screws or wires to worry about so they are very easy to install.
The height of these torches is adjustable which gives you more options for how you want to place them in your garden.
The torches are waterproof and they are designed to remain sturdily in the ground even in the wind.
The flame looks realistic which creates a great atmosphere. The light turns on and off automatically with the light sensor.
Once the battery is fully charged, these lights will stay on for 8 hours. The light they give off is very bright, so you don’t need to use too many of them.
- Handmade - These lights are handmade
- Design - They have a light color with bamboo weaving
- Installation - the torches ae really easy to install with no screws or wires
- Adjustable - the height of the torches is adjustable
- Weatherproof - These torches are waterproof and will remain upright in the wind
- Automatic - the lights turn on and off automatically
- Power - The lights are bright and stay on for 8 hours
- Length - Even though the length is adjustable, some customers found that the poles were not long enough
These torches come in a choice of a 4 pack or a 6 pack. The flames dance and flicker, making them look very realistic.
The solar panels are very efficient. It takes 8 hours to charge the battery and it will stay lit for up to 12 hours. This is much better than a lot of other products.
The light sensor automatically turns the torches on and off so you don’t have to do it yourself.
This also helps to save energy. The lights are waterproof and can withstand bad weather, frost and even extreme heat, making them suitable for all climates.
They are really easy to assemble and install in your garden.
- Quantity - You have a choice of 4 or 6 torches
- Flames - The flames look very convincing
- Power - The lights will stay on for up to 12 hours
- Solar Panels - The solar panels are very efficient
- Sensor - The light sensor will turn the torches on and off
- Weatherproof- the torches are waterproof, frost resistant and heat resistant
- Installation - it is easy to install these torches
- Strength - Some customers found the spike of the light was not strong enough to get through very solid ground. Make sure you soften the ground first
This 8 pack of mini torches is perfect for people who want lots of smaller lights around their garden.
The flames glow in a very realistic way to create a lovely aesthetic. The torches are really easy to assemble and install.
It takes 8 hours to charge the battery, and once charged the light will remain on for up to 10 hours in the summer and 7 hours in the winter.
The lights will turn on and off automatically using the sensor.
The torches are waterproof, dustproof, heatproof and frost proof. This means that they are suitable for all types of climates and won’t break in bad weather conditions.
Imagine the torches glowing on a cold winter night when the snow begins to fall.
- Size- These mini torches are a lovely size
- Flames - The flames look very realistic
- Installation - Installing these torches is very easy
- Power - The lights can stay on for up to 10 hours
- Weather - These torches are weatherproof in all climates
- Longevity - some customers found that these torches did not last as long as some other products
These lights are the most expensive on the list, but they are excellent quality and come highly recommended by customers.
The metal construction is 100% waterproof. It is also windproof, resistant to rust, and can withstand frost, sleet and snow.
The post is also made from anti-rust material and can be adjusted to a height of your choice.
The flickering flame is very realistic and will stay on for up to 8 hours when the battery is fully charged.
The light is very bright which means you don’t need to use too many of them to light up your garden.
They come in a pack of four which should be ideal, and the sleek black design would look great in any outdoor space. The lamp style is retro and stylish.
- Quality - Sturdy metal construction
- Weatherproof - These torches can handle all types of weather
- Flame - the flame looks very real
- Power- The light will stay on for up tp 8 hours and is very bright
- Design - The sleek black retro design is lovely
- Price - These are the most expensive torches on the list
- Installation - the assembly of these torches is a little bit fiddly
These lights come in a choice of a two pack or a four pack. They are adjustable which means that you can choose a height that suits you, and they are very easy to assemble and install.
The flickering flame effect is very realistic and will make your garden look beautiful.
The solar panels in these torches are very impressive. Once the battery is fully charged (which takes about 6 to 8 hours) the torches will stay on for up to 12 hours in the summer and 5 hours in the winter.
These torches also come with 12 months quality assurance to give you peace of mind.
- Adjustable - you can adjust the height of these torches to suit your needs
- Flame- the flames are very realistic
- Solar panels - the solar panels on these torches are very efficient
- Power - The lights can stay on for up to 12 hours
- Quality assurance- These torches come with 12 months quality assurance
- Quantity - These torches do not come in a pack of more than 4 which might not be enough for some people
These lights come in a two pack or a four pack and are good value for money. The flames are soft and realistic and will create a lovely glow in your garden.
The torches are really easy to install and the height of the lights can be adjusted. It takes 6 to 8 hours to charge the battery which will give you 6 to 12 hours of light.
The lights are weatherproof and come with a 12 month quality promise.
- Flames - The flames are realistic
- Installation - These torches are really easy to install
- Adjustable - the height is adjustable
- Power - You can get up to 12 hours of light
- Quantity - Two or four lights might not be enough for people with a bigger garden
We have shown you the tiki torches that we think are the best, so now you need to decide which product is going to be the best option for you.
If you are struggling to narrow it down, we have some advice for you to make the decision easier.
The first thing you need to decide is how much money you are able or willing to spend.
The torches vary in price from approximately $30 dollars up to over $150 dollars. You need to think about how many torches you need to light up your outdoor space, and how much this could cost you.
If you want to create a lit walkway through your garden then this will require quite a lot of torches.
Once you have figured out how much money you can spend, you need to consider which product offers the most realistic flames.
The whole point of Tiki torches is to create the illusion of flickering flames, so they need to look as real as possible.
The best tiki torches have the same brightness as fire, with a warm shade of orange and the right amount of flickering.
It is not recommended to keep the torches outside during the winter, and you should bring them inside if there is heavy rain or wind forecast.
However, they will still be spending a lot of time outdoors uncovered. You should make sure that whichever torches you choose are durable enough to withstand some rain and cold without breaking.
They also need to be weighty enough not to blow away or get knocked over in the wind.
Brightness is also important. There is no point buying lots of tiki torches if they do not do a good job of lighting up your garden.
Real fire gives off a lot of light, so the tiki torches should do the same. Most of them use LED lights which are quite bright, but the strength of the batteries will also contribute to the brightness of the light.
Another thing you need to consider is the quality of the solar panel on the torch. A good quality solar panel will be more efficient, keeping the lights on for longer and charging them up more quickly.
This means that you will get more use out of the lights. The best performing solar panels are able to fully charge the lights within 7 hours.
Before you buy any tiki torches, make sure you check the size and power of the batteries. Powerful batteries might take longer to charge, but they will keep the torches on for longer.
Most solar lights will stay lit for 6 hours, but if the battery is too small then you might only get 3 or 4 hours of light. You don’t want the lights to turn off half way through your garden party.
Installation is another factor that you should consider, as you need to make sure that the lights are easy to use.
You don’t want to have to spend ages putting the lights together and fixing them into the ground- the faster and easier the better!
If you are still struggling to choose between several products then it is a good idea to compare the warranty of each one.
Products with a longer warranty will be better value for money, as you can get them replaced or repaired if they break or if something goes wrong.
A long warranty is also a sign of good quality, as the manufacturer has faith in their product. If a product is slightly more expensive but has a longer warranty then it might still be worth getting.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are still unsure about getting solar powered tiki torches or you have some questions, here are some of our most frequently asked questions which might help you:
How Do Solar Lights Work?
Solar lights are powered by the sun rather than electricity. When the sunlight hits the solar panel it is converted into electricity which is then sent to the battery. The battery stores the power to use later on when it gets dark.
Can You Charge Solar Lights With No Sun?
Solar lights are a great idea until you get cloudy weather and they don’t charge enough. Some solar lights have removable batteries that can be recharged in your home, with a standard battery charger.
You can also bring the lights indoors and charge them underneath an indoor light.
Can Solar Lights Charge In The Shade?
Even if your solar lights are in a shaded area of your garden, they will still be receiving some solar radiation. They will charge faster in direct sunlight, but will still charge in the shade.
How Long Do Solar Lights Last?
Outdoor solar lights can last anywhere from one year up to 5 years. This depends on the quality of the product and the parts such as the solar panel, and how you look after the product.
If you bring the lights inside during adverse weather and store them in the garage or shed during winter then they will last a lot longer.
If you have them switched on every night then they will last for less time than if you only turn them on when you are using the garden at night.
How Do You Clean Outdoor Solar Lights?
Solar lights are left outside which means they will get dirty over time. You can easily clean them with a soft cloth and a mixture of mild soap and warm water.
Make sure you dry them off afterwards, and avoid getting water directly into the electrical parts of the light.
Solar powered tiki torches would make an excellent addition to any garden balcony or outdoor space.
They use renewable energy which will save you money on your utility bills and it is better for the environment. They create the illusion of a real, flickering flame which looks amazing and creates an excellent atmosphere.
You could use tiki torches to create a lit pathway through your garden to your gazebo, to outline your patio, or light up the area around your outdoor hot tub.
They are perfect for creating a patch party atmosphere, or setting the scene for a romantic outdoor dinner.
Remember to keep your tiki torches clean and bring them inside during bad weather to make sure that they last as long as possible.
If you are struggling to choose a product then remember the advice in our buyer’s guide. Whichever torches you choose, they will add character and style to your outdoor space.
- Best Energy Management Programs - July 22, 2022
- Top Energy Management Products For Offices - July 22, 2022
- How IT Load Is Inflating Your Energy Bills - July 22, 2022